Monday 9 January 2017

Very much enjoyed Sherlock last night, sometimes very weird but always brilliant. I got my swimming bag ready as I had almost decided that I would try to get there today. The wind got up in the night but I set off to the pool this morning as planned. Took my time and managed twenty lengths, not too busy and not the silly lane swimming which I really hate. I thought I would have a drink in their viewing area, hot chocolate from a machine which was really very good. They have a display of photos of the water park under construction which was quite interesting.
I also took a picture of the pool while I sat at the very bright furniture having my drink.
The pool itself isn't too bad but the changing rooms leave an awful lot to be desired. Darren had sent a message to say call if I wanted collecting, but I felt okay and walked back even though it was raining quite hard by then. I came through a wet and fairly quiet park.

I ducked into one of the shelters and realised that there was a pretend window at one end and the photo looks like a framed picture!
I have watched a couple of episodes of House and then this afternoon went downstairs for quite a long time making a start on the jigsaw puzzle, did manage to find the edge piece I had missed as well.
It certainly isn't an easy puzzle, but I think I will manage to get this one finished - eventually.

4 comments:

  1. The pool doesn't look very busy at all in your pic. But I suppose early morning weekdays does help avoid the the throngs of screaming brats! A good bit of exercise though with the walk there and back included. The hot chocolate is possibly the equivalent calories to those you burned, but I remember you saying before how nice it is :-)
    The puzzle is coming along. I assume that one will be a keeper and attached to a board when it's finished? It really should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was okay today, but there are only a few short sessions a week that you can attend. It is busy with schools, clubs and lane swimming for fitness freaks the majority of the time. Would quite like to board this one up as it is of Scarborough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pool looks quite good, lovely to have it not busy. I also went early. Ours is always busy but such a lovely place, changing village and showers alway clean but it's only 4 years old make a huge difference. I find it excellent for me time, although always meet friends there. Nice to swim and think. The park looks wonderful dry or wet your so lucky to have it so close. Your photos come out well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really didn't like the lane swimming at all, so will try to go when it is ladies only or young at heart, short sessions, but no lanes blocked off or children!

    ReplyDelete