Wednesday 25 January 2017

As part of his Christmas gift I got Darren a tiny model to make up of the Star Wars 'Millennium Falcon'. It is made of very fine metal sheeting and was very fiddly, but he has done a great job.

I am still on the sorting, and set to with the cds before going out. I caught the bus to town but called in at the studio first to drop off some bags that I had purchased with them in mind quite a while ago. I walked into town and had a look around. They are re-paving in the centre and it is chaos, for a while we were shut in the shopping centre waiting to get out because they had fenced us in for deliveries to be made!
After a wander around I went to the hairdressers. Happy with the cut as usual. Then I walked home, I am trying to walk rather that always use the bus at the moment.  One episode of Dr Blake and back to the sorting, starting to pack things now! When Tina came in she suggested going down to look at the sea, always an invitation not to be refused! The bay was really calm, quite a change from recent days.
We took a bit of a walk along, as far as the Freddie Gilroy statue. It really is huge and very impressive.
Have done a bit more sorting and will do some ironing now.

2 comments:

  1. Darren obviously has better eyesight than me, even with my new glasses! It looks good though.
    I suppose it makes sense to do the repaving this time of year when it's not so busy, unlike in Peterborough when they seem to start stuff like that in the height of the summer, and seem to take forever to finish it.
    The pic of the bay is another nice one. I think it's difficult not to get a good one when you have such nice, and constantly changing scenery. Not somethings to ever tire of.
    I normally see the statue looking down from the top road, so you don't get the real perspective of it until you see someone with it. It's huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the bay is always a pleasure and the sea and the light mean it is always different. Darren has good eyesight and patience I think. It is a huge and impressive statue.

    ReplyDelete