Tuesday 10 January 2017

The sky was quite pretty this morning, don't often see the effects of sunrise as my room faces in the wrong direction.
I had a doctors appointment this morning, made almost three weeks ago. It was to see if it was possible to get a temporary blue badge for parking while I am restricted with the pot on my foot. As it happens I also had been advised at the hospital to get my blood pressure checked because of the rather high readings at my pre op assessment. Fairly good doctor visit, he said to apply for the badge and give his name and he would support the application. He took my blood pressure and it was so much lower, down to a really pretty good normal reading, so why the difference is a bit of a mystery! My shower has been out of action for a while now, and today the heating was clanking away so it was turned off this morning. The plumber was due to come today but didn't arrive. As I was waiting in I watched quite a bit of House and then did a bit more to the jigsaw.
Getting there, I will do the sea next before I start on the streets which, in theory, should be easier It is quite challenging but not impossible. It isn't interlocking so have to be careful or I keep dislodging pieces. Will be watching Holby later. I watched The Lady in the Van last night, a Christmas present, and thoroughly enjoyed it and marvelled at what a lovely man Alan Bennett is.

4 comments:

  1. Great you had good news from the G.P. Brian's badge runs out on the 14th,
    He just applied on-line. They said Yes again without any problem. Only took 2 weeks in all to get it. Puzzle is coming along nicely.,windy here today they say snow by Thurs, hope not. What with trains etc.,Roll on Spring. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try on line and see where it goes. Yes, I had heard that the winter weather is on the way! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news from the doc with both the blood pressure and the blue badge. It'll make life a easier for you, or for your chauffeurs :-)
    The puzzle should look really good when it's finished and definitely needs to be mounted as its of Scarborough.
    Good luck with the plumber, you'll need it, they're a shifty bunch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would look good mounted. Fingers crossed the plumber can make it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete