Tuesday 3 January 2017

I went into town on the bus and passing the Mind charity shop I saw an American rocking chair out the front. I have been looking for one for such a long time, so thought I would get my shopping and then walk back and check it out. In The Works I got a box of puzzles, four 500 piece, four 300 piece and four 150 piece. I like the bigger puzzles but though it would be good to have some that are a little less challenging when I am recouperating, and even before that really.
I walked back to the charity shop and really liked the rocking chair, it needs a new cushion and a bit of work on the wood, but nothing too drastic. Darren drove up and collected it for me. It is downstairs in the dining room and the moment and I will need a bit of a rethink if it is going to come up here. But if it stays there, I should have a little more room when we move.

I have a large cushion which I haven't used in years, but kept it, covered in a spider material at the moment and it is just about the right size.
I will probably cover the cushion and the back rest in some form of patchwork/quilting. There are one or two scratches and it needs a new bolt on one of the arms. But at £20 I think it was a bargain and I am looking forward to doing it up. I sorted out the blue pieces onto boards, this isn't even quite all of them!
I may have put 20 pieces together by looking at the shapes, may not get completed this one!! After Christmas Anya and Isobel got me a pair of earrings in town, mainly because I have geckos on the bathroom wall.Today I wore them!
Tina helped me pick some wireless headphones to order and also an adaptor to make the tv Bluetooth friendly! They came today and Darren has set them up for me so I won't disturb them when I am watching programs later in the evening.
Will be watching Holby later and maybe some House to try out the headphones!

2 comments:

  1. Puzzles, puzzles everywhere, and not a empty tabletop to do them on! You'll have to get the map finished.
    The rocker looks great, and will look even better once it's recovered, which I doubt will be long from now. You really need it in the lounge so you can rock while watching telly, but you'll need a bit of rearranging to pull that off. I look forward to seeing it finished and in place.
    Any luck getting the shower sorted yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think it will be great when done. Don't know about finishing the map though!!

      Delete