Sunday 28 September 2014

Rachel made a brief visit this morning and fetched a couple of my boxes. I only have two left to come home now so should be able to find a home for everything! She loved my little flatlet, except for the stairs! The canna lily has one flower now in full bloom and if the weather keeps good for a while longer I think a few more will open. I bought it for half price only a few weeks ago and am really pleased with how it has taken.
This afternoon I took a walk in Peasholm Glen, hoping that the trees would be looking autumnal. they weren't, but we did have very strong winds last week and a lot of the leaves fell then, so the ground was fairly colourful, but the trees were still attractive.        
                                                                                                                                  
The squirrels were about in force, looking for nuts and digging away happily, some were brave enough to come to people with food and be hand fed. Wasn't quick enough to catch that.           

I took a picture of the large statue I saw on a previous week but hadn't noticed the engraving down the side. It is really striking.

I walk quite a way through the glen and ended up going under the large bridge which I had got lost on during a previous walk. I would be able to find my way home now I think.                                     

Lastly, how about this for an idea for a new hair style?



2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you've had a good day.
    Only on briefly as on my phone.

    ReplyDelete