Tuesday 2 September 2014

Had a more domesticated day today, washing, gardening and a tip run, with a trip to the shop in between! I did a bit more trimming in the back.
That is the before and the next is the after, doesn't look a lot different but filled another two bags with prunings!
Then I decided to dig a bed just in front of the bird feeder, it looked like this:
I imagined that would  an easy task, but the ground was hard and like lumps of clay, I think the worms got a shock, partly because they could suddenly actually move and partly because they were blinded by the light!I didn't manage the whole bed.
When I was pruning the trees I disturbed loads of earwigs and a few of these guys, who I think must be tree dwelling spiders as I hadn't seen them in a garden before.

2 comments:

  1. The garden is getting there. It looks a lot tidier than it did to start with. It's surprising the difference it makes just turning the soil over like that, but I can imagine it was hard work. What you need is a young man with a strong back and strong knees to dig it for you :-)

    ReplyDelete