Wednesday 14 February 2024

Pottery and flowers

Yesterday evening I painted another sample flower pot that will hopefully be brighter than the first one. I want to have samples I am happy with if I am going to do a workshop.
It was dry this morning although it had been raining over night. I walked up to Freeport and got the rollator covered in mud walking along Polly’s Path. Found a stick and puddles to clean it up a bit before going to the pottery studio! Half term this week so it was busier which pleased Rob as he is often wandering up and down aimlessly. I still wasn’t totally happy with the pot so I got a liner tube and outlined one of them.
I painted a miniature bird house today, it was quite fiddly but a rally cute little piece.
Caroline arrived at lunch time, said happy Valentine’s Day and gave me some beautiful flowers, I have them in the vase I made getting on for forty years go now. Such a sweet thing for her to do.
Ever since Caroline took over the studio she has had a seahorse plaque on the wall which I have rally been tempted by.she had reduced it a bit so today I have brought it home to paint.
I caught the bus home, had a bit of lunch and then went to visit Sarah and David. Sarah has agreed to take me to the hospital on operation day as Tina has a meeting. I walked from there to the factory shop to collect a parcel. That was quite straight forward so I will have parcels delivered there again.
Have sorted a few bits for the charity shop and that’s about it for the day now.













2 comments:

  1. I quite like those pots, but I have to say the flowers do stand out more with the black liner. As you say, if you're doing a workshop with them you really need to be happy with the examples. I love the little birdhouse, very cute. The seahorse should look good too.
    That was a nice gesture from Caroline to get you the flowers.
    Glad you've managed to sort out a lift with Sarah to the hospital for the surgery. You'll be more relaxed than having to mess about with taxis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment it does seem that managing pain through exercise does work, but I can see why some people give that idea a miss. But fingers crossed in my case, although it doesn’t make much difference to the nights!
    I think the little bird house is really cute and I am looking forward to painting the seahorse.

    ReplyDelete