Friday 23 February 2024

One step closer!

This morning Angela arrived at 8.15 am as arranged. Tina had gone through the directions to the hospital with me so that I had a better idea myself. Needed have worried really, good weather today and when I explained the route to Angela she was quite confident about getting there. We arrived in good time and parked, but at the wrong building!  So we walked across the road to the other building, we had to return to the first building for me to have the X-ray so thought we would leave the car where it was. Didn’t wait too long to be called and had a very pleasant nurse. Had an ECG and then it was blood pressure. It was higher that in is at home by quite a distance but she wasn’t too worried about it. My BMI was down from last time which was a relief. Had to do swabs for infections, but will only be contacted if there is a problem. So, on track for now. We walked back over for me to have the X-ray and that was not quite so straightforward. We waited for almost an hour before I was called in. Lovely young guy though who was very intrigued with my barefoot shoes. He took the X-ray and said ‘that knee is really ready for surgery’, that made me smile. Going on for 11.30 when we left, so I was really dry for a drink and lunch, I had only had a glass of water and a few grapes first thing.we drove to Skidby Mill as there is a nice cafe there. Sadly the mill isn’t open in the winter.
We had a good lunch and plenty of tea and then made our way back to Hornsea. I was surprised to find Darren at home, he had finished a course early.
It was a nice afternoon and I did go and sort out bird feed, but really just didn’t feel like doing any gardening so have had a fairly quiet afternoon. Haven’t felt my brightest, but I do get quite stressed when gong to the hospital!
No more photos thatI have taken today but a couple from yesterday with me in that Tina took. Plus one she has sent me from the place she is staying for a retreat weekend.
How lovely to have a group of peacocks to look at.
Catching up with. Couple of visits tomorrow so probably be neglecting the garden again!








2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the journey and the appointment went well. Sounds like it’s all go for the surgery, and the knee is definitely ready for it. Not too much longer to wait now.
    I like the mill. I’d like to go up the top when it’s open.
    Taking it easy every now and then isn’t a bad thing. You should be relaxing more than working these days. Hopefully the stress levels will go down now you have that appointment out of the way.
    Yesterday really was a good picture day. I like both of those you’ve put on tonight. Peacocks are perfect to have at a retreat. I hope she enjoys a bit of quiet time there.
    Visiting sounds way more fun than gardening tomorrow 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is silly to get stressed really, that only makes it more likely to cause a problem, but it is difficult not to with so May do’s and don’t’s!
    Going up the Millie on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete