Tuesday 6 February 2024

Breakfast in Driffield

Just after morning prayer Angela arrived then the three of us went to Bell Mill garden centre. The weather was miserable so Tina was driving in the rain. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast and the cook there kept to her word and had got me a bag of the vegetable sausages. About twenty and just £7.95. She said I could have them as long as we would still visit them! We had a look round the garden centre, some really interesting stuff but not much choice in bedding plants. There was a most fantastic model of a horse made out of horse shoes took a photo from the back and the the front, neither were great as loads of stuff round it.
I did buy a new trug, I had one the same that did eventually crack and then there was a lonesome otter by the till that was £4 so he came home too.
Pottered indoors for a bit and when the rain eased off I took a walk along the street, still looking for reasonable plant pots and ideas for the fruit bowl nd was going to buy some more primula from the pet shop. Not just pets, they have a florist and do sell fruit and veg. I got a reduced plant pot that is big enough in Factory shop and another one plus two jugs with great ideas for the bowl in a charity shop.They are really lovely nd will look good with plants in too.
In the pet shop I was going to buy ten primulas and then noticed a veg box for ten pound and commented that I couldn’t manage it of the rollator. The owner sayid they deliver for a pound so said I would have it and fifteen primulas.  She delivered them when the shop closed.
Well impressed with the stuff and service, so will be keeping an eye on offers there.
Tina is out this evening and Darren gave blood after work so I made out tea a bit later today .
Didn’t get into the garden today except for feeding the birds.
Off to the studio in the morning and I think the clock and Peter rabbit have been fired so will be good to see them.














2 comments:

  1. That’s was really good of the chef to get you those sausages. Not a lot of people would have done that in fear of losing a customer. I know you’ll still go back there though. The horse does look good. Shame it wasn’t more open to be photographed easier. Looks like they knew you were going……put the cute otter near the till for you 😀
    I really like the two jugs you got. Perfect, and unusual for a couple of small plants.
    The veg box looks great for the money, and having your stuff delivered for £1 is good value. Bet it won’t be the last one you have.
    I’ll look forward to seeing the latest firings tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty good day despite the iffy weather and very pleased with my purchases.
    It was very kind of her to get me the sausages and literally charged me what they had cost her. The people the cafe and the garden centre are so friendly it is a pleasure to go there.

    ReplyDelete