Saturday 17 February 2024

Sea and garden

This morning I had a pre assessment phone call from the hospital. A really lovely nurse and the call lasted over half an hour!  Lots of questions and a memory test! After that I went to the factory shop to try for the third time to collect my parcel, unsuccessfully! The lady was helpful and said she had phoned the delivery man and he my drop it off at the house. I walked to the sea front after that as it wasn’t a bad morning and I need to keep the exercise up and the weight off. I had a cuppa at the hub after that and ordered cookery book at the library. If it is good I will think about buying a copy.
The amaryllis flowers are almost ready to open,  and the second stem is growing well too.
Before lunch I moved the cordylines down the garden ready for planting. After lunch I spent quite a wu ice outside, managed to dig big enough holes to plant the cordylines and cleared the back of the bed. The back of that large bed hasn’t had much attention, so I hoed and planted a few bedding plants and some corms of perennial plants. Felt like a good afternoons effort.
After tea my package did indeed arrive and it is adorable!
Quite weary but thankfully not too  achy. 
Maybe we will get to the boot sale tomorrow if it manages not to rain anymore.








2 comments:

  1. Full speed ahead with the hospital then. Wonder why you needed a memory test?
    The parcel was proving very elusive. That’s Evri for you, useless. Glad you got it in the end though, worth the wait too. It’s very cute and colourful.
    A fair bit of walking and a fair bit of digging too, so not really surprised you feel weary! You should have got Darren to dig those holes for you.
    Hope the rain stays away for a while so you can do a bit of booting tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it does rain the plants will get watered, so it wouldn’t be all bad.
    Feeling good about the garden at the moment, probably won’t when I have had the surgery and the weeds are rampant!
    Great, top, quite thin material so good for the spring.

    ReplyDelete