Thursday 8 February 2024

Very wet day, and cold!

I had been going to try and get a bit more done in the garden today but it started raining early and kept it up all day. Despite that Tina did take me to the tip where we got rid of a large amount of boxes that had been accumulating and then we went to a place called Randa garden centre but is really more of a nursery run by just a couple of people. It was closed and the owner was in his caravan but he came and let us in. The chickens had come in out of the rain which was very funny as they came and checked us out.
Bella, the owners cute dog  moved them away. She was making friends with Tina when she paid!
I have twenty four more primulas to plant and Tina liked the three large cordylines who h will go at the back of the large bed when the frosts have passed. Three tubs of pinks as well.
We got the home and got wetter taking the cordylines and pinks down to the greenhouse for now, we warmed up a bit and then we went to Hornsea garden centre had some lunch. I couldn’t resist this footstool, with a cushion it was £50. I have some foam andIamsure I will have some material that I  can make a cover with.
There is a Pavers onsite and we went in and both got some new socks and I bought a book on a charity stall they had in there. Tina spotted it.
This afternoon my prices of ply were delivered and they very kindly gave me the offcuts which were almost as big as the boards. I have started trying to do the edge of the humming bird, in the pic I was just sorting the colours of the edge pieces.
We have had an energy saving hour again this evening. Darren andTina went out for tea and I have sat here making phone calls so just the one light on in the house! That is finished so the telly is on now!
I have unpacked the ‘dolls’ and they are on the shelf for now. A photo of the damage on the t is to be redone along with the sweetcorn.

















2 comments:

  1. Well considering the weather it's good you still got out for a while. The little nursery looks a nice place with the chickens and the dog wondering around 🙂 A nicexhaul of plants to take away too.
    I think you did well getting the stool for £10. Definitely better than £50 and the cushion will be easy peasy for you. Bargain.
    It is a shame the marrow got damaged. It was a really good likeness. I'm sure you'll be able to replicate it though 🤞
    Don't think it'll take you long to learn to draw pluto 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice at the nursery, very ramshackle but happy with that.
    No, shouldn’t take long to draw Pluto but a bit of fun and for charity.

    ReplyDelete