Thursday 1 February 2024

Beverley and garden

This morning ai caught the 9.30am bus to Beverley. I got off at Flemingate as I wanted to go to The Refill Jar, I wanted some more green tea and Tina had mentioned that we were out of the washing liquid so I got a large plastic bottle filled. I had a drink at Flemingate before walking into the town, passing the Minster en route.
I looked in the antique centre to see if ai could get any ideas for painting the fruit bowl but nothing jumped out at me. I got some stamps at th post office and then made my way to the Oxfam book shop. I did buy one, still looking for inspiration! I am not sure if it will inspire me, but it will be interesting and much cheaper than a new book!
I had a bit of lunch before catching the bus home. May ankle as well as my knee was aching today so sat with my feet up for a while when ai got home. Then I went out to feed the birds and do a bit more work in the garden. So much ouch grass intahtbed, but a bit less now!
We have regular snowdrops in the front garden, some in the back too but also there giant ones!
Quiet evening with feet up













2 comments:

  1. Yet another busy day for you. A trek out and still have the energy, and inclination to do some gardening! I think I need to take some of the pills you take 🙂
    The book looks huge perched on your knee like that. I hope it has helped to inspire you.
    You must be getting the garden looking quite nice now. You seem to have tidied quite a few of the beds. I know it's a bit like painting the Forth bridge though 🙁
    Hope you managed a restful evening in readiness for another busy day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best get a bit done on the days I can! The nights are becomoing more disturbed!
    Will be glad when I am not having to find space for the rollator on the buses, but so pleased I got it.

    ReplyDelete