Monday 19 February 2024

Photo shortage!

This morning I got some washing done, did some vacuuming and realised the filter was well overdue for a clean so got that out of the way then went to the chemist to get some cram and called in at Boyes and got bird seed. 
Last week when I went to Woods with Tina I bought a new brass number nine, it was on offer, as people are always asking us if it is number nine despite having the sign I painted in the front garden! The brass number has been sat on the stairs with us all ignoring it so I thought today it was time to get it onto the door! I wonder if callers will still ask if it is n umber nine.🤷‍♂️
Jean came round for an hour or so this afternoon, she hasn’t been for a month as she had a fall and has had a lot of pain to contend with. She said she was slowly getting better and we had a nice catch up.
When she left I went up to put the garden bin out for collection tomorrow as it was filled to the brim. Took a photo of the tree stump which regularly produces fungi.
I went to do a bit of hoeing in the garden and managed to pick up weed complete with cat poo! So transferred it from my gloves to the hoe and wasn’t a happy bunny. Although I am happy that our cats use out garden as a toilet and not someone else’s. Too tempting for them when I keep the flower beds nice and clear and soft!
I am feeling quite weary so no plans for the evening, may write a couple of letters or maybe just do nothing!




2 comments:

  1. Doesn't sound like such a hectic day for you today. You've still done quite a lot though. I like the brass 9. I guarantee some plonker will still ask if it's number 9 though.
    I do like to see the fungi growing on old stumps. Always makes for great pics.
    I feel for you with the cat poo. Nothing worse, specially when it spreads to other items when you pick it up! Definitely the lowlight of your day.
    Hope you managed a quiet evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quiet evening and a fairly early night. Trying to get a doctors appointment today.

    ReplyDelete