Thursday 23 March 2023

Physio reassurance

This morning Tina and I went and had breakfast at Lily’s on the sea front. Tina was off to Mirfield and I had asked her to drop me off by the sea so that it wasn’t quite so far to walk to the surgery. Had an appointment with Emma, the physio there, who had given me an injection in my knee some months ago. A couple of sea shots when Tina left and before I walked up to the surgery. They still have screens up in our surgery, and chairs taped off, and you still have to wear a mask.


I was called straight in and we chatted. She did examine my knees and tested my range of movement. We decided that this was a flare up and would hopefully settle down a bit. She mentioned one exercise which I have done regularly, but not so much lately and one more to stretch the hamstring. She did say I could have another injection when it settles if I want to. But basically it was reassuring and she said to pretty much keep doing what I am doing. 
A lovely tree in the grounds of the cottage hospital, I was a bit windswept!
Very nice post delivery today, some fab chocolates from Mike and the stamps I had ordered, the first special edition to have the Kings head on.
This may seem an odd photo, we have some nuts left form Christmas and now my tooth seems to be stable I decided to have a few. Cannot remember the last time I got a walnut out whole!
When I went into the garden to put theBird Buddy away for the night there was a blackbird up in the tree singing so beautifully! So a picture of a tree, he is at the top!
A couple more photos while I was out there.


No crafting today, I have done a couple of my favourite puzzles, challenging ones, as my latest issue of The Puzzler arrived this week. I will sleep in the chair again tonight and if there is some improvement may try the bed again tomorrow.










2 comments:

  1. Nice to have breakfast out with the Rev, and as you say not so far to the surgery either. That’s good news that the physio thinks it’s only a flare up. Hopefully it won’t take too long until it settles down again. At least you know your enforced slow down shouldn’t be permanent, and you won’t be stuck forever making miniature greenhouses 😂
    The new stamps look really nice. I rarely use the post anymore so don’t see stamps that often. Hope you like the taste of the choccies. Don’t think the alcohol is too over the top.
    Yes the walnuts are an odd photo. My eyes scanned the pic before the text and I was trying to figure out what the reason was going to be 😊 I don’t think I’ve managed a perfect one for a very long time.
    Have you had any different pics from the bird buddy lately?
    Hope tonight is a good night so you can get back to your normal bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quieter day, but a little more walking.I have enjoyed doing some puzzles.
    Just made a cuppa, so time for a chocolate.

    ReplyDelete