Sunday 5 March 2023

Reasonably busy

This morning I walked down to the sea and met Darren at the cafe where we had breakfast. We decided to give the boot sale a miss today. 


The window at the side of the cafe just looked out on buildings and they have now covered it with a great print.
I spent an hour or so in the garden, hoeing and trimming the edges of the beds. The lawn was mowed yesterday so it is looking better now.
This afternoon I cleared the dining room table and pinned together the squares, backing material and wadding.
I started to stitch then together before I got dinner and finished that and turned it out. I will sew up the opening and do some quilting on it another day. Relaxing with the cat now and about to watch Endeavour.









2 comments:

  1. Breakfast is much more important than the actual boot sale. I like what they’ve done on the window to hide the buildings. Very good idea apart from it blocking the light a bit. The sea doesn’t look as cold as I’d expected, but I certainly wouldn’t want to venture into it!
    Those quilts are so big and cumbersome to throw around when you’re making them. You have quilts that are huge, and model greenhouses that are microscopic! One of these days you’ll pick a sensible sized task that’s easy……then again 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a normal sized pass time would be good!
    It hasn’t been as cold today as I expected and it was good to get into the garden and do a bit before the snow arrives!

    ReplyDelete