Wednesday 8 March 2023

Tried a new cafe with Angela

This morning Angela and I went to the new cafe for breakfast and a chat, haven’t seen her for a few weeks. When I came home Tina was off to take a service but mentioned she was out to lunch today, so I nipped in, got my bag and bus pass and caught the bus into Beverley, this time getting off at Flemingate. Walked past an impressive play area and the Minster.


I had a good wander round Art and Soul and bought a fabulous magnifying glass in Baytree Interiors.
I walked back into the town centre, had to stop at the barrier as a train was due.


This rather nice painting is just on the railings near the Minster.
Looked in a couple of shops as I was making my way to the bus station. 
I haven’t done a great deal since I got home, did a bit of pedalling to see if it helps or hinders the troublesome knee.
Looking forward to The Piano this evening.








2 comments:

  1. Plenty of steps today then.
    It’s always nice to try out a new cafe. I hope it proved to be one of those you’ll use again. I’ve been in a few over the years that I wouldn’t want to go back to!
    Bet the kids love that play area. Very impressive climbing frame.
    I like your new magnifying glass. Bet that’s really nice to hold. Will come in handy when you’re making the bits for the model greenhouse 😂
    Very strange to have a painting like that on railings. They do have some unusual stuff like that up north. They’re not boring like us soppy southerners!
    Hope the pedalling helps 🤞🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cafe was good, lots of vegan and veggie stuff as well as some good choices for the non veggies! I am sure we will go there again.
    The magnifying glass will definitely be handy when I get back to the miniature greenhouse, even to see the instructions better!
    I am sure there used to be a different painting on those railings, as you say, quite unusual.

    ReplyDelete