Sunday 12 March 2023

Another hat, afraid so Darren!

Darren rolls his eyes when I wear my hats, but more of that later!
It was a bit damp this morning but we went to the boot sale, had a nice toasted sandwich and a look round the few stalls that were there. I just bought three lovely primulas which are now in the ground.
I had a chat with Anya and then walked down to the front to have a coffee with Darren when he came out of the gym. On the way down I saw these two seagulls that stayed put as the cars went by.
After we had a coffee I decided to walk along the promenade where the artwork is displayed.








I walked part of the way back along the wintry looking trail.
Slightly more spring like along Witty’s Pasage.
My leg was really painful, in fact I thought it might give out so took pills and sat knitting this afternoon with a short break to get the new plants in. So, another hat completed!
Looking forward to the final episode of Endeavour this evening.


















2 comments:

  1. Worth going to the boot sale, even if there weren’t many stalls. You still got a bargain I see, and a toasted sarnie for breakfast is always a good thing. Lovely looking flowers.
    Seagulls are very brave. I suppose the fact they’re so huge helps them! They just don’t care.
    There’s some great artwork along the prom. Does it change every now and then, or is it all permanent. I like the word Hornsea with all the different characters 😊
    Quite a few steps for you again today, so I’m sure that hasn’t helped the leg much! I won’t say you should rest it for a few day because you won’t take a blind bit of notice!
    The new hat looks good. Nothing there for Darren to roll his eyes at. In fact it’s quite tame for you 👒

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they have had two competitions for the artwork so maybe they will have another one to get some different images. They don’t get spoilt, which is pretty good.
    The hat is made from chunky wool, so quite thick and very warm!

    ReplyDelete