Thursday 30 March 2023

Short trip out

My mood has been a bit low and although the leg isn’t much better my mood has lifted. Decided to get out for a bit and thought Freeport wouldn’t entail too much walking if I bused both ways. I got some washing done before I caught the bus, and when I got there I went into Bugtopia, which is very small and you take your time to spot the creatures! I should go more often  sit really is lovely once you get used to the heat and humidity!


Took a while to spot the free frog!


Loved the sun beetles and spotted a couple of the tarantulas.


I sat on a bench to rest so took a couple of the vegetation.


The turtle was one side of me and then a golden pheasant came and sat behind me then wandered off!


I used to have diamond doves, pretty little birds.
The large dragon lizard was playing king of the castle!
This creature was motionless and looked dead, but I asked as I left if it was okay and they said it always sleeps like that!
I wandered round again and the pheasant was back behind the bench.
Then the large lizard appeared on a walkabout so I followed it.


Just as I was leaving a canary landed by my feet.
I had some lunch and then caught the bus home. The magnolia flowers are opening up now. The close up isn’t quite in focus as it was quite windy.
I was put less than two hours but it was very enjoyable.
I did get a couple of plants into the garden this afternoon which I have had for a couple of weeks and then sat on the garden swing for a while as it was lovely in the sunshine,
Plenty of sitting and resting the knee for the rest of the evening,
































2 comments:

  1. That’s sounds like a really great day and I’m pleased it helped lift your mood. The bug place is fantastic! I’d love to go there. There are some really great creatures and you got some really good pics. I think the tree frog hiding in the greenery is a lovely pic. I’ve never seen sun beetles before, so that’s a new one on me. Even the tarantulas look cute, if that’s possible. Not sure I’d want to hold one though! The golden pheasant is so colourful. The turtle with its head hanging down does look dead! Must get a stiff neck sleeping like that anyway πŸ˜„ All in all a real treat to go in there. I think it would help lift anyone’s mood.
    Seeing the magnolias reminded me of your old place. I went by the other day and noticed they still haven’t changed the windows 😊
    A rest on the swing in the garden looking at the results of your hard work out there was a great way to round off your day.
    You should have more days like that, it’d do you good.
    Enjoy a restful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely to be out for a couple of hours, and Bugtopia is a great place. Nothing can brighten your mood more than some sunshine and animals to look t!

    ReplyDelete