Tuesday 31 March 2020

Gardening and a glimpse of the sea!

Yesterday evening I coloured one of the black images from the pad I sent for, they are sea pictures, I didn’t start with my favourite one but do like the way this one has turned out.
This morning I thought I had better get back into the front garden and do a bit more clearing, I wasn’t overwhelmed with enthusiasm but did get stuck in and even got a few of the plants we had put in.
After lunch Tina had some letters to deliver so I went out with her for a trip out. I stayed in the car while she dropped off her letters and when she went into the butchers as we were passing and they were open. Then she drove up to the sea front and we got out long enough to take a couple of pictures and get a breath of sea air. Nobody anywhere near us and we were only there a couple of minutes then back in the car and home.


I took a slow walk for twenty minutes round the garden and spotted the group of white flowers I had planted early last year. The daffodils are just opening and the tulips are forming.
Last night I was thinking that the wooden edging we still have a lot of might work as a path in the back garden. I just put two down to see how it looked, will get some more out of the porch another day and extend the path.

After that I did some weeding on another bed but didn’t take a photo. Removed a lot of cornflower seedlings, because I do like them but they can take over a bed if you let them! Darren had some printed targets arrive today and some lube to make it easier to remove the arrows from the board. Took some pictures, Pandora was interested but luckily didn’t try to race the arrows!


I sent for some more compression gloves, the ones I am using I got in America last year. These ones actually mentioned Carpel Tunnel so I thought it would be worth giving them a try. Nice colour too!
















2 comments:

  1. I think the fish looks great. I’m keen to see which is your favourite after seeing that one.
    Can certainly see a difference in the bed you did in the front garden, and using the edging as a path in the back was a good idea. Definitely thinking out the box. Hope you’ve not overdone out there and suffer tonight for it!
    Bet it was nice to get to the sea. Looks as nice as usual. Could be a summers day, apart from the almost deserted beach. Even the coronavirus can’t keep the dog walkers away!
    Darren was pretty close to the bullseye in the second pic of him. He’s good! If he does manage to hit a cat he can’t say it was accidental as he’s a better shot than that 😊 I think it’s great he can practice at home now. Depending on the weather of course.
    The gloves are definitely you. You should embroider spider webs to personalise them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try the gloves tonight and see if they are any good!
    It was good to see the sea, and it did look lovely today.
    A good bit of gardening done, so onward and upward!
    Darren is pretty good at the archery, and really good that he can now keep his hand in while the club is postponed.

    ReplyDelete