Friday 13 March 2020

Craft and Beverley by bus

Last night I used the calligraphy set I got at the boot sale to make a pretty silly card, but anyone who receives it will know that it is from me!
Today I decided it was time to give the gardening a miss as my hands have been more painful than my knee the last couple of days! Thought I would catch the bus to Beverley as if the surgery goes ahead (everything firmly crossed) I won’t be taking bus trip for a while! I just walked down through the town to the antique centre where I have bought spider things, but they have a really nice cafe at the back. I went in, didn’t buy anything but had a very enjoyable lunch, a sour dough toastie with side salad.
Walking back to the bus station I took a picture of St Mary’s church in the distance. Really like it but didn’t go that far today.
From Beverley I just caught the bus to Cherry Lane garden centre a couple of miles outside the town. Got some bird supplies and then went out to catch the next bus back to Hornsea. It rained quite hard when I was inside but luckily had stopped by the time I was at the stop. Lovely daffodils all also got the grass behind the bus stop.
Since I have been home I have made up a couple of pictures. I had two very unusual frames and when I was sorting through craft stuff I removed some leaves from the flower press.
I usually watch Sport Relief but may not bother tonight, that could change of course!











2 comments:

  1. No one will be in doubt who the card is from. But we all have a loonie friend somewhere I suppose 😊
    Glad you decided to give the gardening a miss. You do tend to go mad at it once you get into the swing. No doubt why the hands are giving you grief at the moment! Beverly always looks a lovely place when I’ve driven through it. Never stopped there to have a look around though. Maybe one day I’ll make it there. Will definitely have to try the little cafe you found as you’ve had nice meals there each time you’ve been. You always seem to root out little places like that. I’m very surprised you didn’t find anything spider related to buy. You are slipping!
    I do like to see the daffs when there a lots like that. Maybe not everyone’s cup of tea, but I think they should be planted on all roadside bits of land.
    The leaves really suit those frames, which are quite unique in themselves. They’ll make a great pressie.
    If you watch Sports Relief make sure you’ve hidden your bank cards. I know what you’re like for making donations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same old same old, internet still playing up and I made a long reply earlier and it just wouldn’t publish! Will keep it shorter this time. It was nice to get out to Beverley and thanks to the bus pass hop off for another stop on the way back.
      Enjoying getting more seriously back into the craft, has been a while.

      Delete