Thursday 12 March 2020

Back garden and lunch

This morning I decided to clear some of the weed in the back garden behind the main flower bed. Only did an hour or so as I have done a fair bit of gardening this week. The cars were both out with me and spent most of the time chai’s it each other, which at least meant they weren’t chasing the birds!
There was a great tree stump in the rubbish area, and the base of the bid tree was quite impressive too.


It crossed my mind that trying to draw the stump would be a good idea. I moved a couple of trucks of weed and hoed quite a bit behind the main flower bed, nice to have done a bit of tidying in the back garden.
Tina drove us out for lunch, we went to the Farmer Fryer, a fish and chip place with a cafe. I was able to have naked fish with garden peas and side salad. I really big piece to steamed fish and very tasty. They had a great bit of artwork on the wall.
When we got home I got the trolley and went out and moved the tree stump across to the summer house. It was way to heavy to carry. Then I sat in the summer house and did a pencil drawing of it. A different position from the photo, but still a great piece of wood.
Not planning to do a great deal thins evening.











2 comments:

  1. That is a big old flower bed. Looks nice though minus a few weeds.
    We’re the cats playing or chasing each other to tear out lumps? Hopefully by now they’re getting used to each other a bit more.
    I can see why you were drawn (no pun intended) to the tree stump as an art project. I would have been as a photo project as I’m not as adept with a pencil as you are. The drawing turned out great by the way. Bet it didn’t take you many minutes either.
    That’s a clever bit of artwork in the fish and chip shop. Fish with potatoes in it so to speak. Now if you could only get whale and chips I wonder what it would taste like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the third time I have replied to this, having trouble with the internet fairies tonight!
      It was good to get into the back garden for a bit, it is so nice out there now and I don’t want it becoming a jungle again now that everything, especially the unwanted ones are growing!
      I love the tree stump and want to make it into a feature somewhere, too good to be burnt. Anyway, the insects will love making it their home.
      I really liked the artwork at the cafe, nice food and service too.
      The cats weren’t plying, but weren’t taking chunks out of each other either, just chasing each other away!

      Delete