Monday 23 March 2020

A decision, and keeping busy at home

I had a call from the prescribing pharmacist at the surgery this morning. He thought my blood pressure was okay with the one tablet a day and has organised that I can now call for a repeat so that I can continue with the treatment. Phoned the hospital as requested to update them on the booked pressure, but in the end it was unnecessary as new guidelines issued said no non emergency surgery for over seventies. So now it will be carry on and the nurse told me that cancelled patients would take priority when surgeries start again. So no worrying about the blood pressure for now and I will be able to revert to my previous pain killers and gel which were off limit before surgery. So, the garden may end up being better than it has ever been! I haven’t been out today except to bring the bin in, so took some pictures in the front garden, the first honesty flowers have opened. I love the honesty and it has done a lot of self sowing so should have loads.
The daffodils near the gate to the back garden are looking good. Darren parks next to them so don’t always notice them.
I like all daffodils but really love the ones with the peach coloured centres. This next plant we think is related to the wallflowers but is so pretty with the different colours on each stem.
Tina did take a trip to the garden centre to get me some bonsai compost, some plants for the garden too so plenty to be gong on with. I underestimated the amount of compost I needed and have used it all with not even half the trees repotted! Have ordered some more on line now to save unnecessary trips out for Tina or Darren.
Last week Tina sent for some craft items on sale. She ordered me the most lovely acrylic stamp set. I think it is fabulous and have had a play this afternoon. I used the pearlescent water colours and I am really delighted with the result.


Better watch Boris in a bit and see if we are going into Lock Down!










2 comments:

  1. A real shame the op is cancelled, but it was expected with all that is going on right now. At least it’ll relieve you of a lot of stress. But don’t go mad out in that garden and make the joints any worse than they already are. Don’t suppose you’ll be getting bored during lockdown at least.
    Hopefully if the weather stays a sunny as it’s been today you’ll get plenty of photo opportunities of the flora and fauna. So I’ll look forward to see more of pics like you have on here tonight.
    I can see why you like the stamps the Rev sent for. That really is a gorgeous picture you’ve made from them. You’ll never run out of cards and notelets at this rate 😊
    Boris was very to the point. Let’s hope people actually listen and do the right thing this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to paint another one this evening, I do like stamping because I like painting them!
    I have plenty to keep me occupied and can take an early walk to post letters as exercise outside is allowed! Not much of a walk as it is pretty close by anyway.....
    A good time to be in the gardening with everything coming to life now.
    Yes, really do hope people will take staying in seriously now.

    ReplyDelete