Friday 6 March 2020

Decoupage class and zoning out!

This morning was my second craft taster session for the Welcome Centre. I am really struggling with the knees but took pills and was ready when Sarah arrived to take me to the hall. It turned out to be a great session with thirteen ladies happily cutting and glueing! I will put a lot of pics of finished work and work in progress.










A great variety of objects and a really happy atmosphere while they were working. One of the ladies that came to the first session brought me a tin of buttons which was really kind.
I had lunch with Tina when I got home and really have done very little this afternoon, feeling tired and in quite a lot of pain, so time to give the legs a rest. Tina is out for a meal with friends tonight so Darren and I went along to the sea front and had fish and chips sitting in the car! Then a quick look at the sea, the sky was a subtle pink this evening.


A quiet evening and an early night I think,
















2 comments:

  1. Really pleased the second session went ok. Shame you had the problem with the knees that spoiled it a bit though. There are some really great bit there that they made. There are quite a few I’d be very happy to own. I can imagine they all had a great time doing it. I think they’ll be pestering you to do more classes once you get the knees sorted out, and to be honest I think you’ll enjoy doing some. Definitely a successful, and productive time.
    Fish and chips by the sea with Darren was a good way to end the day too. Hope the evening good and you don’t get too much pain in the knees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy it and will definitely see if I can organise something regular when I am reasonably mobile again. It is great how people have a quick demonstration and then go off and produce such different results.
    Fish and chips by the sea was definitely a nice way to round foo the day. May watch a film now.

    ReplyDelete