Friday 17 January 2020

Not quite so lazy!

I did go out this morning just to local shops but apart from that I have been quite active pottering around the house. Today has been a delivery day, more lovely flowers for me, this time from Tina.
I ordered some lovely little nesting boxes, well, not really boxes but I don’t know how else to describe them. We do have robins and a wren around the garden and these can be hung on bushes that are too flimsy for cat climbing,
Also ordered a funky toilet roll holder for the downstairs loo. It is free standing but can be fixed to the wall if desired.
When I took some food waste up to the garden bin I noticed that there really are a lot of snowdrops making an appearance, Spring is on the way, maybe!
My Christmas flowers had lasted really well and I was delighted today so see that the roses had dried out naturally so I can keep them now and in the great jug that Anya and family got me last year.
Have managed more steps today that I have in a while and the pain has been manageable so feeling a bit less fed up and lazy!
Grantchester to watch later, so that will round the day off nicely.










3 comments:

  1. That’s a very nice bunch of flower. Very thoughtful from the Rev. You do well for flowers, but you do have lots of vases you’ve made over the years, so it’s good to use them. The dried roses look really good in the vase, which in itself is great with the otter on it. I can see you’ll need even more bunches of flower to fill all these receptacles.
    The little nesting, I’ll stick to thingies as I don’t know what to call them either, are really cute. I hope the little birds make use of them in the garden. It would be nice to see some pics of babies in them later in the year.
    It really was a delivery day today! The sheep is very different. You do manage to spy some good items when you’re perusing the internet or catalogues.
    Are the snowdrops a sign that you have more digging and removing to do this year?
    Glad you’ve had a better day today, but don’t overdo it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try and get the nesting things out tomorrow, well, at least look at where they might go. The flowers are lovely, it will be interesting to see if the pink roses last as well as the last ones.
    I won’t did up snowdrops but I suspect the invasive bluebells will be back in abundance before too long!
    The sheep should make anybody who uses the loo smile, makes,semipermanent anyway!
    Restful evening now I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, it was bluebells you spent hours digging up not snowdrops. I do wish I had some resemblance of a memory at times!

    ReplyDelete