Friday 24 January 2020

Friends and neighbours?!

This morning when I went out to feed the birds the pheasant was around, it wandered off but waited on the wall. In the distance as I just had the phone with me.
A bit later the pheasant was back and the single visiting seagull. It was fabulous to watch them as they both wanted the food in the bed and I would have bet on the seagull but the pheasant held its own and was having none of it!


That picture was good as it caught a couple of the crows as well, we have a family of four that arrive every day.


I decided to catch the bus up to Freeport as I need to shake off the mood I have been in and get on with things as best I can. I walked up to the sweet shop and had a nice hot chocolate and cake on the way back to the bus.
When I got home the weather was still lovely so I sat on the patio for a while and the cats were about, not too much other wildlife. I took a photo of the large tree in the park behind the walled garden.
A selection of cat pics now!






I think a squirrel caught their eyes in that one!
The sky was nice, not really colourful but the light has been gorgeous today.
It has been very bright today and a couple of the lights by the summer house lit up, we haven’t seen that for a while.
Off to a bingo evening, a fund raiser by Atwick church!





















2 comments:

  1. I’d have put money on the seagull having the upper hand too, but the pheasant isn’t going to relinquish any food to it. It’s so nice to have so many different birds in the garden. Must drive the cats mad! The cat pics are nice. It’s good to see them together without having a go. Blue does look a big fat lump in the pic 😊
    Just getting out to Freeport is nice when you’ve been stuck in, and definitely worth the trip for the cake and drink. Both of which look extremely low calorie!
    Quite like the sky at the end. Plenty of colour in it. More than I tend to see most evenings.
    Good luck at the bingo. Make a change for you to have an old lady night out 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. The amount of birds is a delight, I am hoping they all make an appearance when I do the bird count over the weekend. It is certainly entertaining at times, especially with the larger birds.
    Blue is quite a chunky girl, can still move pretty quickly though especially when chasing squirrels or Pandora!
    Didn’t win at bingo but did get a prize on the raffle.

    ReplyDelete