Monday 15 December 2014

A bright sunny day again, a bit chilly but really lovely for December. Yesterday evening I made good headway with the cards, am about half way through the address book now! I had a package to send and needed some large letter stamps so headed off to the post office, Tina also had a package to go. Early morning proved to be a good time as I was served really quickly today. I then made my way to the community centre, via Boyes where I bought some lengths of ribbon. I am going to weave them to sort of match the plate so that I can see how they lay for the finishing touches! The mosaic was put up at the community centre last week, in the garden there. As I worked on it for three sessions I have taken a picture of the final placing.
I took a close up of the mosaic to show the detail, it is pretty impressive. I think they may have misjudged the size though as it might have looked better with a green border right round it.
I did a section of the rainbow and also the narwal, that was because others thought than my be a bit tricky!!
The craft group was fairly well attended today and Stephanie and \Molly are definitely coming to my group on Wednesday which will be good. I was due to help out at the ceramic studio this afternoon but Sandy phoned to say she wasn't well and would have to cancel. She asked if I would wait outside and make sure people knew! I stood around for quite a while and managed to tell about five young mums who said  they would let the others know.
I took myself to Sainsbury's and did some shopping, got a taxi home. I will try to get the cards finished tonight.

6 comments:

  1. The mosaic looks good. It's great to know you actually did part of it, and it'll be there for years and years. I have to agree with you about the green border, it does look a bit odd just being on two sides. I can't believe they would have measured it wrong to start with. You'd think with it being such a major project that they would have double checked!

    Several jokes spring to mind regarding standing about on the street outside shops, but I'll resist the temptation :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a relief, had Jeff on the phone earlier with an iffy joke!

      Delete
    2. Not much changes then :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh love the mosaic, we saw some by the police station earlier in the year and commented on them, great to know you had a hand in. I'm sure your plate will look wonderful once you have done the ribbon effect. Got a Taxi home wow !! Good on you , learning at last. Much cheaper than running a car and no stree with parking it.xxxx

    ReplyDelete