Sunday 14 April 2024

Lovely weather and a good day

As I am home alone I decided to walk down to the front and have breakfast at Lily’s. Usually have breakfast out with Darren on a Sunday. I am using one crutch now and the walk down went okay. Very calm sea today. I took a couple at sun and reflection, the first one was a bit blurred but I actually like it so will post them both.
My leg was aching a bit when I got home but that is the first time I had tried walking to the front and back so to be expected. Bit of a rest and went out into the garden to try and do a sit of weeding/tidying. Started near the house, small area to see how it goes.
I walked round to the church after the service and had a chat with a few folk and confirmed that Angela and I are going out for a bit in the morning. 
I went out into the garden again for a while this afternoon, making a start along the side of the lawn. Boy, the weeds have shot up, so I was glad to be put and managing to shift some! It was lovely out there, the weather was lovely and a blackbird was sitting on the wall above me singing beautifully, definitely happy hour!
Talking of happiness, sitting on the swing whilst having a break was great.
I only got about half way along the side, thought it was wise not to go too mad.
I have done a bit of sitting around this afternoon, seemed sensible. I went down to t close the greenhouse door and was taken by the misty sun so will finish with one final photo.





















2 comments:

  1. Blimey, you’ve managed to fit a fair bit in today. Not back to your normal levels yet, but certainly getting there. Just try not to overdo it too much.
    I should think you missed booting with Darren this morning, and all those bargains went to waste 🙂 At least you had breakfast though. I personally prefer the blurred photo of the sun reflection.
    You did quite a bit of gardening. Did you trim the edges with shears or by digging? Hopefully it was the edging shear as digging probably isn’t a good idea at the minute. What you did does look nice. Shame you didn’t have someone to pop out with a cuppa for you while you were on the swing.
    The final almost black and white pic is a nice one to end with.
    Hopefully you’ll get a good night to go along with the good day 🤞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still hoping for that good night,mit will come eventually.
    A good productive day and nice weather helped.
    Feeling more like my old self!

    ReplyDelete