Wednesday 17 April 2024

Pottery painting and hydroponics!

I tried walking to the nearest post box without the crutch this morning. I managed but it did make my leg ache a bit so will keep using one for a while longer. Caught the bus up to Freeport and thought I would draw a design on a tile. There was no carbon paper at The Works so had to draw it on freehand. The felt tip bled into the tile but could just about make it out, then I used one of the markers, very difficult to use and not get blobs!
Then I painted it and will see it eventually.
I caught the bus home and then popped round to see Sher for a while. She has been experimenting with hydroponics and the plants are looking really healthy. She has one in the shop like the one Anya bought me years ago. It hasn’t died but it doesn’t grow either and she suggested I could try it. Came straight home and completely got rid of the soil and int torn water it went. She has asked me to let her know how it does. I will be delighted if it perks up and gets some new leaves.
I thought about going in the garden but the wind was really cold today and we did get some rain.
This evening I decided to start one of the wooden kits, beginning to wish I hadn’t bothered. Supposedly anyone fron eight years can do it!
Only got this far and fiddly is an understatement.
Maybe just a bit of tv now.













2 comments:

  1. I think the tile looks ok. Certainly a lot better then I’d be able to do 🙂 I look forward to seeing the finished item.
    I’m interested to see how the plant gets on. If it’s impossible to kill then maybe I’ll give it a go myself!
    You are a glutton for punishment. The saxophone looks a complete nightmare to do! You should take up stamp collecting, it’d be a lot easier. But I bet it’ll look good when you get it finished.
    Feet up and tv sounds quite a good idea for the rest of the evening. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do updates on the plant, I am really looking forward to the results.
    May not get to see the tile for a while, they have a massive backlog and just one kiln.
    The saxophone definitely seems like a nightmare, seemed like a good idea at the time!

    ReplyDelete