Wednesday 21 September 2022

Mainly chores

This morning I ended up going down the road a couple of times to the postbox, I had a couple of cards and went down quite early then Tina had one ready to go.other than that this morning I finished giving my sitting room a good clean and then sorted the stuff to go to the charity shop into boxes. I should have taken a picture of them when they were ready to go, I took the bag off my shopping trolley and balanced their three boxes on the frame. I used some string but as I started to move it they were obviously going to fall! Tina had come home, found some strong rope, a long length, but didn’t want it cutting! You should have seen us tied up in knots! But I got the boxes delivered and got the rope wound up okay after.
After lunch I went into the front garden as the main bed was looking untidy, not helped by the weeds and plants growing in the gravel. Quite hard going but it looks a lot better now.


After I had cleared away the sun came out for a bit and I sat n the garden swing. Took this photo as it gives an idea of hoe tall the latest flowering sunflower is.
I have been pottering in the bedroom since dinner and will watch the second part of Crossfire in a bit.





2 comments:

  1. The shopping trolly loading sounded real fun, I’d have liked to have seen that 😊 You got there in the end though as usual. Wouldn’t it have been easier to throw them in the Rev’s car and drop them off?
    The front bed looks really nice after a bit of loving care. In fact the whole front looks good in that pic.
    It was a nice day today here too. Glad you took time to have a sit in the garden and enjoy it. After all the hard work that goes into it it’s nice to be able to sit back and admire it. The sunflowers are tall. Are they propped up or are they making it on their own?
    I’m looking forward to part two of Crossfire. A different sort of drama. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the sunflowers are propped up and we have had some rally strong winds. I will get a packet of those variegated sunflowers again, they have been a real success.
    Having the bed tidy does make a difference to the look of the house.

    ReplyDelete