Sunday 25 September 2022

Early bird today!

Yes, I was up quite early, soon after six, but really referring to the blog which I am writing way earlier than usual! Went with Darren to the boot sale as usual and out regular breakfast hut was open again today which was good. We didn’t spend a lot but got some good bits. Darren go this very useful wooden storage box for £2 and I got the table, also for £2. Not sure where it will go but too good a bargain to miss and will look good with one of the pot plants on it. 
I also got two lovely books for 20p each and a little duck ornament which is a Tetley collectible. The illustrations in the wild life book are fabulous so have added a couple of shot of the inside.


Almost forgot the plant!
This afternoon I have been in the garden, I went out with the intention of getting the last few bedding plants in but ended up over an hour pruning things back and tidying before I got them in. Again, doesn’t look like a lot to show for it, but I know it is better!
I had a robin for company as I was finishing off, a good way from me and the phone doesn’t zoom much, but quite clear so will put a few as I was quite chuffed with them!




Off to sort dinner now then who knows?


















2 comments:

  1. Very early for the blog entry. Something really exciting might happen later and you’ve already done it!
    Definitely a car boot bargain day. The hexagonal table is nice, will look good with a plant on it. The storage box will come in handy for something I’m sure.
    Great books for 20p! The illustrations are fantastic. I bet the National Geographic pictures are brilliant too. And a plant, had to be 😊
    The garden is looking good. You probably don’t see it, but it looks so much better in the after picture.
    I assume the robin was waiting for some worms to be dug up ready for its dinner? Not bad pics for a phone.
    Well you have ages left in the day, I’m sure you’ll fill it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anything exciting does happen it will make the blog interesting tomorrow!
    The Robin was finding grubs in the base of that giant sea kale I think as I had exposed some of the base when I was clearing. Quite made my day having the cheeky little bird hopping about,

    ReplyDelete