Thursday 22 November 2018

No gardening again!

This morning I had an appointment for an informal interview to see about joining the telephone support service run by the Living Well group. It was cold wet and windy today, not very pleasant out at all. The car park along the road could do with some serious attention!
I had my interview and will go along to a phoning session on Monday to see how it operates and decide whether I want to sign up to be a volunteer. It is a great service reaching out to lonely and isolated people the phone calls probably being their only outside contact. I bought my copy of Hello magazine, very unusual for me, but it has pictures of Prince Charles with his grandchildren, they are an absolute delight. I had lunch with Tina and decided on card making rather than gardening but I had to get a bit of tidying up done first. I have made a couple of cards I am pleased with now and have even more clearing away to do as a result.
This one I used and embossing folder for the background and added some colour with chalks, the thank you is die cut.
This one I used a large stamp that I borrowed from Ellie, stamped the sentiment and the butterflies are die cut. Had better get back to some Christmas cards again now!






4 comments:

  1. You could sail a toy boat in that 😀 Hope you didn’t have to go through it.
    The volunteer phone scheme sounds like something you’d be very good at, but good to go along for a look before you commit to anything.
    Those cards are great! The stamp on the second one is amazing. Looks as though it’s been printed on. I thought the first one was die cut and layered when I first looked until I saw you had said it was embossed, and had a zoom in close to have a look. Well worth a little bit of chaos 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn’t want to drive through that mini lake, I remember the time I flooded my engine going through a large puddle and had to be rescued by the recovery man!
    I love that stamp, may have to get one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could just stamp hundreds of copies before you return it to her 😊

    ReplyDelete