Saturday 27 May 2023

Bus to Beverley

Darren and Tina were off to Peterborough for the day so I decided to try getting to Beverley and back using the rollator. It is quite big even when folded down so I felt a little awkward and the bus got really full, but I managed okay. A lady sat next to me who seemed a little nervous and forgetful so that was interesting. My leg was aching when we drives so I bought a bottle of water and went and sat in the lovely memorial garden by St Mary’s for a while.
I found ‘Missy’ this week, I wasn’t going mad last week she didn’t open until Thursday. Nice to see her again and I did get a new pair of trousers. I have been on a sewing pattern hunt but it seems nowhere sells them now. I went to Crafty Coffee as it has a large range of products, loads of knitting patterns but no dress making ones. Their cafe wasn’t too full so I had some lunch there. I phoned the other material shop when was a decent walk away and they don’t stock patterns either! On my way back to the bus station the Dove Nouse Hospice were find raising, opportunity for a silly photo!
On the bus on the way home the same lady came to sit next to me. It ended up being quite a journey, an hour nd ten minutes instead of fifty minutes due to ridiculous traffic leaving Beverley and the fact that the door mechanism wasn’t working so the driver had to get up to open and close it at every stop! The lady was more anxious and chattered away to me until she got off a a little while before me. Was quite worn out when I got home! I did walk down to a plant shop and got some bedding plants, was pleased with how I balanced them on the walker until I was nearly home and the ones on the seat fell off, landing upside down of course!
I did go into the garden for an hour or so, mainly clearing up the large amount of strimming I did yesterday and watering the the plants that are struggling with the heat. Some alliums are blooming now, they are so lovely.
Darren and Tina were home at seven and had had reasonable journeys, although some unnecessary traffic hold ups.
We will go to the boot sale as usual tomorrow, will try to get there early as it is likely to be very busy as it is a bank holiday weekend,









2 comments:

  1. Yes, the bus journey home particularly was a bit arduous, and the bus was crowded again so it was noisy and of course hot! As you say, couldn’t not have a photo with the dove!!
    I am so pleased I got the rollator, it does make a big difference to my mobility, and I will get more used to getting it on and off the bus and not worryingly nag about being in the way!

    ReplyDelete

  2. UFA7-11.com UFABET เว็บตรงแทงบอลออนไลน์ เว็บตรง พนันบอล บาคาร่า สล็อต UFA7-11 ครบวงจรที่สุด 2023 เว็บพนันบอล ของเราก็ยังมีสูตรที่พร้อมสำหรับ ค่ายเกมทั้งหลายมาให้ร่วมสนุกกันในที่เดียว เว็บตรงแทงบอลออนไลน์ เว็บพนันบอลออนไลน์ บาคาร่า บาคาร่าออนไลน์ ทั้งระบบ iOS และ Android ufabet เข้าสู่ระบบ ufabet เว็บหลัก เว็บแทงบอลออนไลน์ ufabet

    ReplyDelete