Friday 5 May 2023

Visits and shopping mercy errand!

This morning it was damp and had rained through the night so no gardening on the cards. Wasn’t visiting Be, this morning but went down to the shop early to get something for lunch. I walked round to see Sher at Botany Boutique and we rearranged my birthday treat as she had been going to take me to have afternoon tea on my birthday but I had ended up travelling to Peterborough. I love the multi coloured plant that is in the wallflower family, looking lovely now.
On the way back I saw two matching plant stands in the Greyhound charity shop window. Came home to have a think about it, and then took the trolley back to buy them!
After lunch Terry came to collect me nd I spent a couple of hours chatting to Jean. She gave me a gorgeous pair of earrings as a belated birthday gift.
This evening Tina was rushing about getting stuff for refreshments after the civic service tomorrow. She had no bunting of coronation so I went to Boyes but they were closed and no joy in the Coop and Heron so offered to try Tesco if one of them would drop me off and I would all back. Obviously took a stick as the leg was quite sore today. Tesco had sold out so I went into improvisation mode and got red, white and blue table clothes and some bags that had union jacks on! I had seen these collage pictures and Tesco on Monday but forgot to take photos, so remembered today.
I struggled a bit walking home so had a rest on a bench half way. Tina spotted me at the traffic lights as she was heading into the church and told me a female mallard duck was resting on out front lawn. I didn’t get too close to photograph her as didn’t want to frighten her so she went near the traffic!
So, feet up again and hope I will be mobile tomorrow!














3 comments:

  1. Blimey, you have been busy with a lot of walking! Most mercy dashes include walking 🙂 It does sound like your improvisation skills will come to the fore. I suppose hoping that shops will still have stocks the evening before the coronation is a bit optimistic!
    I like your plant stands. They should look good with some nice plants on them. Well spotted.
    The earrings are very you. I’m not 100% sure what they’re supposed to be, but I’m guessing leaves.
    The collages in Tesco are really good. I particularly like the seahorse.
    Awww, not everyone is lucky enough to have a duck in the front garden. It’s cute.
    If you’re not mobile tomorrow you could always spend the whole day in front of the telly watching coronation stuff…..my idea of a nightmare 😱😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are oak leaves, quite small but really lovely.
    I agree, the pictures at Tesco are really great, so good that I got to go there again.
    I hope the duck departs safely.🤞

    ReplyDelete

  3. UFA7-11.com UFABET เว็บตรงแทงบอลออนไลน์ เว็บตรง พนันบอล บาคาร่า สล็อต UFA7-11 ครบวงจรที่สุด 2023 เว็บพนันบอล ของเราก็ยังมีสูตรที่พร้อมสำหรับ ค่ายเกมทั้งหลายมาให้ร่วมสนุกกันในที่เดียว เว็บตรงแทงบอลออนไลน์ เว็บพนันบอลออนไลน์ บาคาร่า บาคาร่าออนไลน์ ทั้งระบบ iOS และ Android ufabet เข้าสู่ระบบ ufabet เว็บหลัก เว็บแทงบอลออนไลน์ ufabet

    ReplyDelete