Tuesday 16 May 2023

Test that walking!

This morning I thought I would start on another bed in the garden that needed attention, it was where I grew sunflowers successfully last year nd I have some small seedlings ready to grow sunflowers again. But need it to be weed free, at least while they get going. I will post the ‘before’ but not the after just heat as I had a change of plans after half an hour or so!
The weather was lovely so decided to try and walk up to Freeport using the rollator. Called in to see Sher briefly as I passed, she loved the new purchase! I had one rest on the way to Freeport which wasn’t too bad but I really needed a proper rest when I got there. So refreshments, a little shopping and then on the bus home. I did go along Polly’s Path, quite green now!
I bought a very unusual recycled bird seed feeder.
I did go back into the garden and made some headway with the bed. I would have liked to have finished the first dig but thought I had probably done enough exercise for one day.
So will finish with a picture from Mike of the lovely willow in Peterborough Central Park.











2 comments:

  1. You have been busy. Glad your little excursion to Freeport went ok. Good idea to bus back though, no point in overdoing it.
    The bird feeder is unusual. I assume it’s recycled plastic of some description. The birds won’t mind though as long as it’s full of food 😊 The bed is coming on, but again it was a good idea to stop when you knew you’d had enough. No doubt it’ll get finished tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be nice for a few days, so plenty of time.
    The willow has been in that park for as long as I can remember, and always looks lovely. The sky had darkened over for a little while and I thought it might rain. But it didn’t in the end. It’s been a really nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, hopefully will at least get the first dig of the bed finished tomorrow, but am conscious that I have been putting the knee through its paces this week!
    It was good to get to Freeport under my own steam, may not manage both ways for a while yet though!
    Yes, the willow in the park is a lovely centre piece.

    ReplyDelete