Tuesday 25 May 2021

Ouch!

This morning I was out of the house pretty early as I had to be at the surgery for a blood test at 8 am. I was there a bit early and the only one in the waiting room but the nurse didn’t call for me until ten past eight. I am not sure if she was new but there was a senior nurse in there with her. As you know I have managed to give blood fifty times now and have had many blood tests in my time, today it was very painful and the nurse said, half under her breath, ‘that’s strange’ and I don’t think the blood flowed immediately. Not sure what happened but I have. I took a picture of the sky sitting n a bend high outside the surgery as I was there a bit early.

Good bruise coming and it was painful for a good couple of hours after I left the surgery! I walked up to the sea front before I came home.


I did get into the garden for a short while and put four lavender plants that Tina was given yesterday into the bed that I tidied yesterday.
Then I did some household chores and a few crosswords! I did write a letter and checked my birthday book. I have several cards to make or buy in the next few weeks so started with a simple one using stamps.
Today is Geek Pride Day, whatever next!
Obscure word time.
Animalcule (n.): A microscopic animal.








2 comments:

  1. That is early to have to be out the house. But hopefully the blood tests will show something to the doctor and he’ll be able to help you a little bit more. Doesn’t sound like the nurse who took your blood helped much though! Maybe she just had a bad night and needed to get into her stride and you were just unlucky to be the first patient!
    You have some nice early morning pictures of the sea, but I have to say my favourite is the second photo, it’s really lovely.
    Glad to hear you didn’t go too mad in the garden today, although it sounds like you’ve kept yourself reasonably occupied.
    Geek Pride Day is a real odd one.
    That should be Animalcute instead of of Animalcule as a teeny tiny little animal would be very cute 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hasn’t felt too busy today although I worked reasonably hard with the overdue housework!
      Weather permitting will try and do a bit in the garden tomorrow.

      Delete