Saturday 29 May 2021

More walking today

I decided yesterday that I need to get more actual walking in my routine. I get plenty of exercise with the gardening but haven’t been doing a lot of walking lately. So thought I would walk up to Freeport and would have the option of busing back if I felt like it. I got up early no went out to feed the birds as usual. After breakfast I went into the garden for a bit with a drink and puzzle book! Then I thought I would just do a little weeding of the rockery which was getting very overgrown, the story of my gardening life!


After the shopping had been delivered and unpacked I set off for Freeport. A lovely morning so I didn’t need a coat. I walked along the road that leads to the cemetery and then along Polly’s Path, both very green and lush.


I had a coffee at Freeport and tried to return some slippers for Tina. Made the mistake of saying I was doing it for someone else and they wouldn’t let me even though I had her card! Didn’t visit any other shops and did take a slow walk home. Took these flowers in the front garden because they are so pretty.


The bird food in the greenhouse was getting too hot, so I got the stool and recoated the pains with Calamine lotion, then I made a card with my last piece of machining as the aperture cards arrived.
These alliums are opening and looking great.
My sitting room is being overtaken!


I went into church with Tina for a while to help her set up for tomorrow.
After dinner the three of us had an ice cream and short walk by the sea.


I lovely evening but the wind was actually quite cold.
So, have managed a bit more walking today.












2 comments:

  1. You certainly do get plenty of exercise doing the garden. Maybe a little too much at times. You can’t even go out there for a drink without doing a bit of weeding! ๐Ÿ˜Š I bet it’s actually quite lovely sitting out there on a nice day like today. You should definitely do it more often.
    I went out today without a coat, the first time in a long time! It’s really nice walking along unencumbered for a change. Better not get too used to it I suppose. Your walk along through the trees looks so much better than mine did walking along Park Road! It’s amazing how nice it all looks with a bit of sunshine on it. Definitely a good idea to walk to Freeport. Sounds like Tina will be taking a trip there herself shortly! Shocked can be very awkward about returned items, as they obviously don’t like giving you the money back.
    The pictures of those flowers in the front garden show off nicely the fact that you’ve been doing some weeding.
    I had to read the bit about recoating the pain with calamine lotion several times before I sussed what you meant. Obviously coating the glass to stop the sun shining through. Never heard of anyone doing it with calamine lotion before, it’s usually the old-fashioned Windowlene. The fact that the spellchecker used the wrong version of pane didn’t help ๐Ÿ˜Š
    The sewing you did looks good in the card. I’m guessing you’ll be doing a few more of those.
    Oh to be a cat. They have such great lives when they’re looked after as well as your two are.
    A church visit and an ice cream by the sea are a great way to finish off a nice day. Such varied days you have. How you manage to cram so many different things into one day I’ll never know. Makes me quite envious at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Windowlene, don’t know why calamine came into my head! I started off writing Windowlene as well and wasn’t sure how to spell it. Went to check and looked up Calamine!! Losing the plot.
    It was a good day though and lovely weather as well.

    ReplyDelete