Friday 28 May 2021

Bruise, wren and boring garden pictures!

I mentioned how p ai full it was when I had the blood test on Tuesday. It is still painful and the bruise pretty impressive, she obviously did something wrong!
I had been a bit depressed when I fed the birds as there are so many places in the garden that need attention, so I decided to get stuck in and try to get some of it worked on. We got a Gtec strimmer about a year ago and I didn’t get on well with it, so this morning I found it and the charger and read the instructions again. When I went out into the garden Pandora shot past me and caught a baby wren. I was shouting ‘no’ and she ran into the kennel near the back door, then she ran out without the bird. Then she was chasing what I thought was another one, it’s shouting at her and chasing her around and then Blue appeared as well. Luckily Tina came out then and we managed to get the cats inside. The baby wren wasn’t in the kennel so must have come out when I was chasing Pandora! As newly fledged wrens cannot fly for the first 24 to 48 hours so we have kept the cats in today. They are not amused. I haven’t spotted any baby wrens so we will let them out tomorrow and hope that the danger has passed. Then I got the strimmer and firstly  three paths I made with turfs that cannot be mowed.






After that I decided to try and cut back the jungle that has grown by the greenhouse.


There was light rain when I was strumming and I was absolutely smothered in specks of grass and weeds. My clothes lower down were really smothered.
When I came in for lunch my latest veggie box had arrived. Very pleased with it again.
The next area to attack was the bed where the rhubarb and fruit bushes are.


Quite a bit of digging this time.


The strimmer is pretty powerful, this was a tennis ball!
I was having a rest when I remembered there was a letter to be posted, so I put a light coat over my dirty clothes and walked down the road. On the way back ther was a dancing unicorn!
The other area I was worried about was the walled garden as when the weeds get bit the frogs hide under them when it is damp. So I did some very rough clearing out there as I was flagging a bit!




That’s enough for today, will see if I can do something interesting tomorrow,





























4 comments:

  1. That’s a hell of a bruise from a blood test. Maybe she was a trainee or she’d had a bad nights sleep! Either way it looks terrible.
    I can imagine you chasing cats around the garden shouting at them. Good job the neighbours weren’t listening or they might have called the police 😊 Good job the Rev was there to catch one of the cats for you. I imagine the cats wondered what the hell was going on too. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, wren wise. 🤞🏻
    Glad you got the trimmer working. It looks as though it made a reasonable job of those paths. Certainly easier than shears! Looks like it cut through the jungle by the greenhouse well too. I know it doesn’t get the roots out, but at least it’s an easy way to keep the growth down a bit for now. You did get a bit covered in debris 😊 Be careful it doesn’t thrown any stones up at you. Watch your toes too judging by that tennis ball! You have done quite a lot of gardening today. But it does look nice. A lot of digging, so I bet you’ll ache well tomorrow. Hopefully you’ll sleep well tonight though.
    The rhubarb looks good. Should be a few crumbles from that a bit later.
    All that and you get to see a dancing unicorn too. You certainly don’t lead a boring life 🦄 😄
    Seriously, you’ve done loads today. Try not to go so mad at it tomorrow. I feel tired just from looking at the pics 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty busy day, but quite a lot achieved so it was worth it. My hands are aching at the moment so I am hoping they won’t be really troublesome tonight.
    I have no idea why there was a dancing unicorn but the kids leaving school were enjoying seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to say the veg box looks really good again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been really pleased with the boxes, I have never eaten so much fruit.

    ReplyDelete