Wednesday 10 August 2022

You must be joking!

Not a bad day today, quite a bit of reading so another book finished! Tina was off out with Judi today but they dropped me off at the garden centre in Sigglesthorne on their way out. I had instructions not to buy any plants! I was actually going to the Pavers outlet at the centre to see if the sandals I ordered weeks ago had come in. They hadn’t so will try again in a week or so. 
Now to todays heading. Just 10th August and this display was near the restaurant! Come on, already?
Not so outrageous in the Works craft session.
I didn’t buy any plants but took a picture of this pretty orchid.
The only thing I bought was a pack of socks to try.
This afternoon a man from the diocese came to check work to be done so I went round with him, Tina got home in time for a quick chat with him before he left.
I have watered the gardens this evening and will now settle down to watch, rather than read Shetland!








2 comments:

  1. OMG! They get earlier every year with the Christmas stuff. No point in bothering with Christmas this year as no one will be able to afford to turn on Christmas lights, let alone cook a Christmas turkey! I think there should be a law against it.
    You did very well if you didn’t buy and plants, bet it was hard though 😊 Socks are much more useful too.
    That’s a lovely orchid. They are gorgeous plants, but not that easy to keep going.
    Glad you got everything sorted in time for Shetland, I’m looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sentiments exactly, way too early for Christmas displays!
    Didn’t even go outside to look at the plants and be tempted!
    The socks are comfy.

    ReplyDelete