Tuesday 30 August 2022

Watering cans at the ready!

Need to practice the rain dance, the plants will be getting the bare minimum if I am carrying cans about! Mike had a play with my wasp picture so it is bigger and better now! Talking of the wasps, I sat out near the water feature for a while today and a wasp crawled inside at the very top of the umbrella, obviously some water remains there longer. But I think that is very clever of the wasp, even if I am not overly keen on having them around!
While I was out there Blue got up on the chair beside me but her aim was to have a drink in the water feature herself. As we are fairly sure the origina water feature fell and broke with the help of a cat I decided I had better start leaving a water bowl out near the fountain!
I ended up walking down the Main Street three times today. I went out early to get some emergency bird food from the pet shop and noticed that Missy, the nice little ladies clothing place has a half price sale. She doesn’t open until ten so went down again a little later. For some bright green dungarees, but when I tried them on they were just too tight on my lower legs. So back for a third time and have a credit note which I can use when the new stock comes in.
We got post today and I had an offer from Gtech. Not sure I should be let loose with this but it will make getting those bushes in shape so much easier!
I didn’t need the emergency bird food in the end, although it will get used. The 5k of mealworms arrived today, six days before I was expecting them. I got it all into containers and while I was in the greenhouse collected the few very tiny, but very sweet tomatoes that were ripe.
I did make a start in the walled garden, took three before photos but only need one for now, didn’t get as far as I had hoped.


I did some watering with the cans, feeling pretty tired so won’t try a rain dance tonight!








2 comments:

  1. Wasps and bees are quite clever I think. Wasps probably lag behind bees a bit in the brain department though, but probably still brighter than a few of their other cousins. They’re pretty too, until they decide to attack you!
    I’m sure you’re right about a cat helping to destroy the water feature. For such agile creatures they can be real clumsy clots at times.
    Shame the dungarees didn’t fit, they sounded a perfect colour for you. Not for gardening though as it’d be like wearing camouflage!
    Oh my, a sharp pointy electric thing for the garden! Just remember to count your fingers before and after using it! I know what you’re like. Should make trimming a bit easier. The tomatoes look very nice. Nice bit of cheese and they’d make a good supper sandwich.
    You managed a fair bit in the walled garden. It’s a lot bigger than it looks in the pics. Perfect place to “temporarily” stack things too. I know, I do it too 😊
    Hope you get some rain. You don’t want to be watering from cans for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gtech usually deliver the next day but they have high demand so may have to wait for a couple of weeks.
    I really like the walled garden but it is neglected because the main gardens are so big. Having outhouses that are on the verge of collapse doesn’t help with storage either!

    ReplyDelete