Wednesday 17 August 2022

A little tale that made my day!

I am going to go out of sync today as I want to tell you about my bus journey home from Beverley this afternoon. The bus was quite full, actually had to sit next to someone, they are getting used more, especially now the holiday makers are here as well. A lady go on the bus who had multi coloured hair, tattoos, facial piercings and a pretty outlandish dress sense and was accompanied by a fairly large and unattractive dog. But never judge a book by its cover as watching them was a delight. She had a blanket shoved in her rucksack which she put on the floor for the dog to lie on. When a  lady got on with a pushchair she moved to make room and settled the dog again, then she got out a little pop up bowl, showed the dog who looked interested so she put some water in it from her bottle, just enough then put the bowl away. When she was about to get off she got the dogs ball out which it held in its mouth and got really excited. It was the best bus trip ever!
Back to the start of the day now, I made some chocolate chip buns and a few plain scones this morning as company was arrive. Just a pic of the buns, heaven done much baking lately.
I caught the bus into Beverley at lunch time, had been going to try and get to Flemingate but Tina told me about a fabric sh that had opened in a little arcade in the opposite direction. So I made the way towards where it was. Walked a way and then back, passing it as the arcade is out obvious! Asked someone and walked back as I then knew exactly where I was going, love people in She Shed Fabrics.did get some material and Velcro to make some cushions. I bought a sandwich and then found a little garden Tina had mentioned and had my sandwich and a drink there. The first pic is from where I was sitting.


There was a burial ground at the back, some very grand and very old tombs.


Found the name of this tree once, I will get one some time!


Walking back I took a picture of St Mary’s church, must go in there again next time as it is a lovely building.
Some pics of a Beverley puffin!


Rounded it off by spotting this tandem and then of course my enjoyable bus ride home!
Had tea with the family and thinking about what to do for the evening. It rained last night so even though it is hot and sunny again now I don’t really need to do any watering! Oh yes, did buy a plant, photo tomorrow! Just a small one!




















2 comments:

  1. What a nice day, and nice weather too. Better than we had. I haven’t done any baking recently. Really should make an effort. Bet the buns won’t last long tonight.
    You trip to Beverly sounded nice and that little garden is lovely. What a great place to sit and relax for a bit of lunch. Might be good for a bit of sketching too now you have your new Karrimor bag. Those trees are nice with that burgundy coloured bark. So many things to sketch. The church, the puffins being just two.
    I like the tandem. I don’t see them about much nowadays. Not seen one for a few years. That one looks really well looked after.
    I notice you snook the bit about the plant at the end 😊
    Stop showing off because you’ve had sun up there. Us southerners have had clouds and drizzle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very nice little trip out, I did have a book and a sketch pad with me but in the end just enjoyed sitting and looking, I will go there again though as it was lovely, quite a few people but loads of benches so not near anyone,

    ReplyDelete