Thursday 13 February 2020

Trip out with Tina

We were in this morning waiting for a delivery and of course the Ringtons man! I now have more Jellyatrics sweets......
Tina had a funeral to officiate at this afternoon in Hull, so we headed off to Hull to have lunch. We went to a Toby carvery, we didn’t have the carvery, I had a beef sandwich with side salad and Tina had a ridiculously large Yorkshire pudding wrap with some roast potatoes. It was very tasty.
Tina then had time to take me to a shopping area with a B & M and a Pound Stretcher as well as a charity shop and a Waitrose. She had tome for us both to have a look around B & M and bag some bargains. Then she had to leave and left me to continue looking around,
I got some more food and a new feeder for the birds, should be stocked up for a while now.
I went into the charity shop and bought a necklace with brown beads that look a bit like buttons and I can see them being great for a tree picture. I saw a lovely milk jug and sugar pot set but resisted them, but after having a cuppa at Waitrose I went back and bought it. Just £2.50 and so pretty.
Yesterday I bought some sponges which claim great things. Tried them out on the job of the oven today and they actually do what it says on the packet. Just wetted it and squeezed it out, nothing else and it cleaned the job like a dream. So bought a couple more packs as with shops like the Pound Stretcher you cannot be sure they will have things again next time!
Cheap too!
On the way home the sky was looking quite good so chances taking a picture as we went along.
An enjoyable trip out and the knee isn’t too bad considering I was a long time meandering around the shops.











2 comments:

  1. Waiting for the Ringtons man is an essential, specially if he’s still got Jellyatrics 😊 Sounds like you had a nice trip out. Lunch definitely sounded good. I particularly like the sound of Tina’s.
    We’ve got a B&Ms in town, but we don’t have a Poundstretcher now. Used to have one on Lincoln Road. If it was still there I’d have gotten some of the magic sponges to try. Looks like you, and the birds, got lots of things. Glad you went back for the jug and pot. They’re lovely, and extremely cheap too.
    Always nice to have a good trip out, and you still managed to fit in a sky pic too 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good little trip, we usually have a laugh which is always good.
    Some nice bargains and I love the new funky bird feeder!! Let’s hope the birds like it too.
    Our Ringtons man is a real cheery chap and today I even got a cake mix for free as they had some that were soon going out of date and he was offering them to some of his customers. Probably shouldn’t have bought the Jellyatrics as they are very moorish and I am supposed to be staying on the straight and narrow!

    ReplyDelete