Sunday 16 February 2020

Freeport,church and box painting

Darren and I decided to give the boot sale a miss, a good chance it wasn’t on anyway as there was a lot of rain down in the night and quite a bit of flooding in the area. I did think about sitting in the summer house after feeding the birds to see if ai could get some good pictures, but today I couldn’t get both the cats indoors and out of the way! Tried shutting Blue in the summer house with me, but couldn’t get good focus and she was scratching to get out, so gave up on that one. Darren suggested we take a ride up to Freeport and have a look round the Pound Stretcher. The car park there had sprouted some mini lakes!
This afternoon Tina was having an informal church service in honour of love so I went along. Poems, hymns and activities, it was a pleasant hour or so. The eagle in the church looks really green from a distance up like it’s lovely shiny brass base.  I took a couple of photos, it doesn’t look so green close up, so that I can get some advice on the best way to clean it.


Before getting dinner I used a paint sampler pot I bought yesterday to paint the inside of the decorated boxes, and after Throw Down I varnished them. Looks so much better that the light wood colour inside.
Going to watch the second half of The White Horse tonight.






2 comments:

  1. It has been a miserable day weather wise here too. Hopefully it’ll start getting a bit better before long. It’s a pain not being able to get out without taking the chance of a soaking or getting blown away! I doubt the car boot would have been on if those car park puddles are anything to go by. Probably not the best weather for bird pics today, so Blue probably didn’t spoil things too much.
    I would suggest a tin of brasso and an old stiff toothbrush for the eagle....and a lot of patience! Good luck.
    The boxes do look better with the insides painted. Good colour choice too, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have read a couple of ideas for brass cleaning, will try them out on a bit that isn’t obvious first!
    I will do some more boxes but will use the water based varnish in future as the ones I have done still smell a bit!
    Hoping it gets a bit drier, would like to get a bit done in the garden before going to Peterborough.

    ReplyDelete