Monday 24 February 2020

Out to Orton and time with my sister

It has been a lovely day and a good way to end my trip. Rachel dropped me off at Waitrose near the station so that I could get chocolates for my sister and niece, normal chocs for Margherita and dairy free ones for Rose. Had checked last night and Waitrose had the best selection of dairy free. It was raining a bit as I walked to the foot bridge, but not too badly. Took a picture from the top of the bridge which is covered.
Just inside Queensgate, before I went down to the bus station there was this fancy test drive set up for children. How times have changed!
The bus station has changed quite a bit, no kiosk now, just vending machines. Liked this display along what used to be the place where you could buy tickets.
Caught the bus out to Orton and had to go down the underpass to get to my sisters house. More murals, colourful but a lot of extra graffiti on it!
That is the photos for today but the rest of the day was good. Margherita and I had a game of Scrabble this morning, Rose came and sat with us for a while, and we chatted and caught up while we played. Rose showed me her really tiny ‘Beetle’ smart phone and some of her artistic creations. Margherita looked well considering she was in hospital last month. I suggested we go across to the Orton Centre for lunch as I know they used to go quite regularly. They haven’t been this year, so we had taxis and went to the QD cafe where they usually go. We all had egg, chips and mushrooms and it was very tasty. Had a bit of a look round the shop and then got the taxi back.
We had time for a drink and more chatting before Anya collected new to take me back to Rachel’s. It really was a lovely visit and so good to see Margherita looking better than she has the last couple of times I have seen her.
Have had a quiet evening and will have a while with Rachel in the morning before getting the train just after midday for the journey home.








2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice day with M&R. Shame the weather wasn’t a little better. Really like the pic from the footbridge. It sums up the weather of late really well.
    It’s been a VERY long time since I’ve been in the bus station. I had no idea they’d changed it so much. Every damn thing is automated these days!
    The famous egg and chips at QD 😊 Not had egg and chips myself for a while. They always taste better when you’re out though. Pleased to hear Margherita is doing well after her stint in hospital.
    You’ve done a fair bit on this trip, but it does seem to have gone quickly. You’ll soon be home and will have a very happy cat greeting you 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good day and a great trip all round, will be good to get home tomorrow and see my little furry friends!
    Just two youngsters on duty at the cafe today and they were stopping cooked food a bit earlier so we were there with five minutes to spare! They cooked them okay though.
    I quite liked the footbridge photo too.

    ReplyDelete