Thursday 27 February 2020

Lidl and a bit more gardening

This morning Tina and I went to Lidl in Beverley after the Ringtons man had been. I bought a great Easter gift for me but more of that later. The Lidl hasn’t been open late and is not near the city centre but it was pretty busy. We had a good shop and enjoyed looking at all the offers but only bought sensible shopping, well, mostly!
We called at Cherry Lane garden centre on the way back for me to get some more bird feeding supplies. No time for coffee today as Tina had a lunch time appointment, just as well because we would probably have had cake as well! If you spent over £15 you could pick a free primula, I let Tina 
I know one and it is really pretty and unusual.
Back to the Easter gift. It is a pair of ridiculously silly egg cups. I made my self boiled eggs and even had ‘soldiers’ to dip in them. Don’t think I have ever done myself boiled eggs without children being present. They were really lovely and perfectly runny. Will definitely be having them again, how could they not brighten your mood?
This afternoon I went out into the front garden again. I decided to work on a bed that didn’t have a lot of attention last year. It was overrun with cornflowers. I like cornflowers but they send out runners and fill the bed, choking or so mothering everything in sight!
Blue was sleeping inside again so Pandora was out with me for over an hour exploring the front garden. She went out of sight quite a lot but when I called her she came bounding over to see me. I left some cornflowers and couldn’t dig them all out as I was disturbing bulbs, but hoes a lot of them away and didn’t damage too many other plants.
I made some soup this evening from some veggies I had left over, it isn’t thick but very tasty. Will try and get a bit more done in the garden tomorrow, weather permitting.








2 comments:

  1. More Jellyatrics?
    I never buy all sensible stuff if I got to Lidl. They have too many unusual things, plus lots of bargains. Plus sensible isn’t always good!
    Love the primula. Very nice vivid colours, and it’s free. Win win. The egg cups are very “Jan” 😊 I used to have a Noddy one many years ago complete with hat to keep the egg warm. They always taste better when they make you smile.
    The garden is taking shape again. Just don’t go mad and wear more bits out that’ll need replacing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did get another pack of Jellyatrics, not opened yet!
    Have planted the primula out now and it will come again. Year after year hopefully.
    I loved the boiled eggs, must make the effort to have them more often.

    ReplyDelete