Friday 20 November 2015

We both slept quite well and woke up to a bright sunny morning. Very cold outside but a gorgeous morning and we packed up then walked down to the river. A lovely view of the bridges.
We both really liked this unusual sculpture.
A bright morning, perfect time for some exercise!
I was not at all impressed when we walked along and Tina said this was the way back up to the hotel and the car!!
Tina had a meeting in Cullercoats, another lovely coastal town.
Tina dropped me off at the Blue Reef Aquarium, and that is where we arranged to meet about four hours later. I took lots of pics inside but will just post a few. A super lobster.
A fabulous fish.
And some cute degus.
After my visit there I walked into Cullercoats and then carried on round the coast and had lunch in the next town called Whitley Bay. They really do take planting seriously up here (and up there!) these were ready for winter planting, at first I thought they were part of a play park.
I took a small sketchbook and pen and brush with me and did manage to do a quick sketch when I was walking back to meet up with Tina.
On the way home there was a lovely rainbow, I did my best to catch it out of the side window, much easier to take photos from the car through the windscreen!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely weather for wandering around. I remember some of the buildings and scenery from when I was there.
    The aquarium pictures are very good, it's not at all easy to take them in a place like that. The camera seems to handle low light very well.
    I thought the planters were part of a play park when I first saw the pictures, they do go to a lot of trouble to make everywhere look nice.
    I was up your way today in Harrogate, but didn't get to do any sightseeing, too many things to look at at the show I went too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the wind was cold but it was bracing and good to get a walk by the sea in the sunshine in November. All those tools and gadgets will have certainly filled your day,

      Delete
  2. Love the rainbow, well done. Wow !!! The wind was strong to blow,the shed over, hope it's not too,damaged. Mouth got some good shots and your sketch is very good. Keep,warm xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has been so bad we haven't had a good look yet. He has computers and things inside so fingers crossed, The shed itself is past repair I think. xxx

      Delete