Tuesday 24 November 2015

Mike and I went for breakfast again this morning and then we helped Tina out by making the sandwiches for her lunchtime meeting. Then we headed off out, first stop the Stained Glass Centre. Mike was really impressed and would like to go and do a course there in the new year. I still took some pictures as there is so much to see. This one has us taking pictures of the mirrors in a mirror!
I thought this lamp was particularly lovely.
I like anything with seahorses on so I was taken with this mirror.
This 3D flower was very different.
Then of course I had my coaster to collect, which I am pleased with.

We had a drink in the tea room there and then took a trip to Dean's garden centre. Mike wanted some more of their very nice pickle and of course  we had the cheese scones with blue cheese and pickle for lunch. I also bought a new large plant pot for the tree that is at present partly wedged under the shed, hopefully I will be able to save it but the pot was smashed. Then we called in at Halfords so that I could buy an approved lock for the bike. I have a D lock but it is not on the improved list that you need for the insurance. We looked in the other stores near Halfords before we came back here. The new storage cupboard had arrived, sadly one of the doors is broken but Darren and Mike stuck it enough to be used and then they finished getting stuff out of the shed. So quite a busy day, I have made a cottage pie for dinner which we will have a bit later.

6 comments:

  1. The stained glass centre is a really nice place. So much lovely stuff in there, and reasonably priced considering the work that goes into the pieces. I'll definitely have to do a course at some point, so I have something I've made there. The lampshades are some of my particular favourites, but I think you'd need a great deal of skill to do those.
    It's been a good day, with a bit of a ride out, and a very nice cheese scone in Deans!
    Can't believe it's Tuesday night already,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a good and varied day really. Throw Down tonight, I wonder what impossible challenges they will be set tonight!

      Delete
  2. Might have to look for somewhere to have a go at throwing a pot. Could be a good course to try, I'm game :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a look only seem available in York at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Busy,busy then. The stained glass objects are really nice, love your coaster. Will you have a new lodger if Mike does a course? ..... How things have changed around.
    Dry here a little breeze but ok for Nov. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The courses are usually a day or even just a half day, so we will fit a visit around it to suit. They are fully booked for this year. xxx

    ReplyDelete