Wednesday 11 November 2015

I slept pretty well last night, probably all that air being forced into my lungs by the wind!! It was dry outside if not bright so set off to walk to the stained class place again to do the Christmas tree decoration class. There is a lot of pampas grass up here, I love to see it and am surprised how well it does in this cold and very windy climate.
I took a picture of the flower display cart from a different angle as it wasn't very clear yesterday.
I thought this driveway was still very attractive although probably well past it's best now!
Then just had to capture this really silly narrow pavement as you near the stained glass centre. It was only a car heading my way, but when it is lorries, and they actually go pretty fast along there, it is a bit alarming!
The class this morning was good, eight of us in total and the other seven were all friends from a craft group. They were friendly ladies and it was very enjoyable. We can collect the finished articles any time from tomorrow afternoon as they have to be fired tonight.
Emma, the lady who had run the class, said that she only had one person this afternoon so if I wanted to do another class and make some more decorations I was welcome. I decided I would. I had a bit of lunch there and luckily had a puzzle book with me as I had a bit of time to fill. As there were only two of us, and I had been there all day we could make a snowflake and two trees. She also cut me some pieces of a special expensive glass for the snowflake.
Emma has said that there is space for me to go and make a fused coaster tomorrow if I feel like it. All the classes are then fully booked right up until Christmas. I will see what the weather is like tomorrow and if I have the energy to battle the wind and walk there again! Darren in calling in for a while tonight, which will be nice.

4 comments:

  1. Blimey, that "pavement" does look a bit dicey!

    The decorations look good. I'll be interested to see the finished items after they've been in the kiln. Will they alter as they fuse together? You should definitely try to get there again tomorrow, as you might not get chance for a while after that.

    The trailer planter really is a great idea. Someone astound there really thinks out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma said that taking a photo at this point will look pretty similar to the finished article. That particular bit of pavement is the trickiest part of the walk!

      Delete
  2. Wow !!! The decorations look fantastic, lucky you could stay the day, made the walk more worth while. Do take care along that road. Great Daren is popping in, such a great lad to his mum. Enjoy him. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was a good day and lovely to spend a bit of time with Darren this evening. x

      Delete