Monday 2 November 2015

I went down to the beach hut fairly early, I have been later in the day so far. It was misty over the cliffs but quite a bright day here so we were very lucky. I balanced the gorillapod on the wall near the front and took a picture using the anti shake timer.
I fixed the pod onto a deckchair at the beach hut and used the 10 second timer to get myself into the chalet and pretend I was there all the time!
I used the pod a couple more times, this was showing just how the cliff and castle were obscured by the fog.
As I walked back along the front the fog was lifting.
When I got home I did a bit of washing and made a coffee and walnut cake. It didn't cook quite as well as I had hoped but I am slowly getting to grips with the ovens temperament! This afternoon I continued with a painting of a dragon that I had started last night. I had bought a dragon ornament a while ago with the intention of trying to paint it. Not at all sure it was a good idea but I enjoyed trying.
Went to the shop with Tina late afternoon and cooked us all a chicken and mushroom pie for dinner. We are too full to try the cake just yet!

4 comments:

  1. I'm really pleased the gpod is such a success, and it definitely seems to be :-) You look like you've been sat in that chair for hours! Love the first pic too, very atmospheric.
    Hopefully it'll open up numerous possibilities for different pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting the hang of using it, and the timer, now.

      Delete
  2. The hut looks comfy and bright, don't get a chill tho.

    I'm sure the cake will soon disappear once cut. You have painted the dragon a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty warm yesterday, but I have a couple of throws there and can close the door and open the blinds if it is breezy. xxx

      Delete