Saturday 6 April 2019

Hoe arrived, eventually!

Darren headed off for his weekend away at about ten this morning, I took my book downstairs and got ready to wait for my delivery. I finished the book I was reading,very unusual and funny. It is called The hundred year old man who climbed out of the window and disappeared. Worth looking up if you’re u like reading. I was beginning to think that the new hoe wasn’t gong to arrive but it did at 1.20 pm and was very well packaged up. Once it was unwrapped I was ready to go it and try it.


I decided to try this bed and ended up being pretty disappointed. Although it was dry today I think the soil was too damp for it to be successful.


I tried an area of gravel as well, but again with limited success.


I did try another bed by the wall where the soil was much drier and then the hoe worked fairly well so I was a bit more optimistic.
I think this is a wallflower that I moved but as it is variegated I am not so sure now.
I went to the shop but haven’t dug he much else. My cold/cough is better today but I am still not feeling that well.
Will try and get a bit maybe re done in the garden tomorrow.








2 comments:

  1. Glad your hoe actually turned up today. At least you got the book finished while waiting. I might watch the film version of it. I’ll let you know what I think if I do. I’m sure the hoe will be fine once you get it in some dry soil and have used it a few times. It looks a very good design and strongly made. It obviously pushes and pulls which is good once under the top level. I would have though it’d be good for gravel, but I suppose once it’s chopped the weed off you still have to pick it up! I’d just leave it to wither away 😊
    Knowing you you’ll be out there again tomorrow doing something arduous! Take it easy until you feel 100% again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure I will find it useful, I was a bit tired today and very tired of waiting for it to arrive!
    I hadn’t realised a film had been made of the book, I wonder if it is in
    English or has sub titles. It is not an English aurthor.

    ReplyDelete