Friday 10 November 2017

The Vicarage is taking shape!

This morning Mike and I went up to the cafe to have breakfast. When we came back Tina drove us to Hornsea, via B & Q as we got lining paper for the downstairs loo as Mike has kindly agreed, with a little arm twisting, to get it ready for painting!
The garden has been cleared quite a bit and the tree out the back was looking spectacular in the sunshine.

My rooms are painted but the carpet is still to be laid in the bedroom.
The living room and a close up of the companion set and coal scuttle by the fireplace.

My bedroom.
The guest room.
Darren and Tina's bedroom, good carpet match again!
That tree makes a fantastic view from the main lounge.
We went and had lunch at Hornsea Garden Centre, which is absolutely huge/ Fabulous displays outside, we went to look at greenhouses and got somewhat distracted.




And some nice Christmas displays inside.

Mike carried on working after lunch. He had done the ceiling first and begun the walls, he is doing a fantastic job.
Darren came across and met us after work. During the day I had done a bit of clearing in the garden, but was struggling a bit with the knee today so wasn't as much help as I would have liked to be. I was chief tea maker though!! Mike came home with Darren, Tina and I went to Dunelms and B &Q before coming home. It was fish and chips for tea and now relaxing ready for another day there tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. It was a good day. Breakfast at the cafe is always a very good start, although braving the bitter wind to get there was a struggled. Us southerners are not as hard as you northerners :-)
    The vicarage is a gorgeous place, and I can attest to the fact it looks even better in real life than in the pics. I look forward to spending the odd night or two in a nice orange quest room. The colours throughout have worked really well and were great choices. The garden in is going to be an ongoing project, and I foresee you spending many hours in it, and a lot of trips to the garden centre for supplies! They do do a good lunch there too, so well worth a few trips.
    The toilet could have been worse and went quite well all things considered. Tomorrow should see the paper finished and hopefully some other little jobs done. It’s been fun and I’ve quite enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a busy day but a lot achieved, thanks to you for all the effort.
      The garden could well be a full time occupation!

      Delete
  2. Meant to say the wallpaper looks stripy in that pic, but I think it’s because it’s wet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that is right as it was still wet today!

      Delete
  3. It looks really nice Mike has made great strides, all the room are taking shape. I'm sure everyone will settle very quickly once moved in.
    Hornsea garden centre is going to have another regular customer, that's for sure. Well Done All.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a few trips there I think, fabulous place,you will love it when you come to visit. xx

      Delete
  4. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative..
    Questroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, I am glad you have found it interesting.

    ReplyDelete